Contracting & Licensing
Completing contracting and licensing paperwork for multiple carriers is not only annoying, it keeps you from doing what you do best—working with your clients. At Dixon Wells, simply complete the C&L packet once—and we will use that information for most of our carriers. A few carriers will only accept their own paperwork (i.e. MassMutual, Penn & Voya). Please note that our contracting and licensing team WILL reach out to you for current E&O, AML, annuity and LTC training when necessary. Additionally it is YOUR responsibility to notify us of ANY and ALL changes to the legal questionnaire portion of your licensing packet. If you have any questions, please contact either Nicole or Becki (our wonderful contracting & licensing team). They are always happy to assist you.
Dixon Wells uses SureLC, an online contracting system to appoint you with most carriers. This safe and secure system allows us to enter and save all of your contracting information once. This simplifies the contracting process and saves you time. Before you begin, please check the FAQ below and cover pages of the SureLC licensing packet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some carriers will not process contract requests until new business has been submitted. Once a carrier is notified there is new business in house and receives a contracting request in “good order” (i.e. all supporting documents are included: license copy, proof of E&O, voided check, etc) they can take up to 30 business days to be completed. Submission of your contracting paperwork to the carrier can be delayed if we do not have everything on file (i.e. E&O, etc.); failure to submit requested items to contracting and licensing in a timely fashion may result in a new application being needed. In all situations, our contracting team will process contracting request with new business, pre-appointment situations and for servicing purposes if allowed by the carrier.
In all situations, our contracting team will process contracting requests with new business, pre-appointment situations, and for e-app access.
You are able to get an application signed as soon as possible as long as your license is active and it’s not pre-appointment. Most states and carriers do not require you to be pre-appointed before an application is signed. However, in instances where pre-appointment is required, our contracting team will handle these requests on a priority basis. If you are in a pre-appoint situation, please wait for confirmation from contracting and licensing advising that the appointment has been completed prior to taking and submitting an application.
Pre-appoint means an agent needs to be contracted prior to writing any new business.
- Accordia: PA
- Allianz: MT, PA
- AIG: LA, MT, PA
- American Equity: MI, NC
- American National: PA
- Ameritas: PA
- Assurity: PA
- AXA: PA, OK, VT, WA, WI
- Banner: NONE
- Brighthouse/MetLife: DE, FL, IN, KS, MO, MT, OR, PA
- Cincinnati: OK, PA
- Delaware Life: GA, MT, OR, PA, TX
- EquiTrust: GA, MT, NC, PA, WA, WV
- Fidelity: FL, LA, OK, PA, TX
- Fidelity & Guaranty: AL, DE, DC, FL, GA, IA, LA, NH, NM, NC, PA, SC, TX, UT, WI, WY
- Forethought: PA
- Gerber: AL, LA, OK, PA, PR, TX
- Great American: PA, MT
- Great Western: PA, MT
- Guardian: ALL
- Illinois Mutual: MI, PA, WY
- Integrity: LA, MT, PA
- John Hancock: MT, PA, WY
- Lincoln: PA
- MassMutual: KS, MT, PA
- Minnesota: OK
- Mutual of Omaha/United of Omaha: MT, OK, PA
- Nationwide: MT, PA, WI
- New York Life: NONE
- North American: NONE
- Oceanview: GA, PA, OK
- OneAmerica: DE, DC, GA, LA, NE, NH, NM, SD, TX, WY
- Oxford: NONE
- Pacific Life: LA, MT, PA
- Penn Mutual: ALL
- Petersen: NONE
- Principal: NONE
- Protective: OK, PA
- Prudential: FL (only if agent holds no other life appointment in FL), PA
- Reliance Standard: GA, NC, NE, MN, PA, SD, UT
- Sagicor: FL (only if agent holds no active appointments in FL), GA (only for non-residents), PA
- SBLI: IN, OK, OR, PA, UT
- Security Mutual Life: PA
- Standard: NONE
- Symetra: MT, OK, PA
- Transamerica: KS, LA, MT, PA, TX
- Zurich: PA, MT
Please note that annuity CE training and product specific training are pre-solicitation requirements. Failure to complete training prior to app solicitation will result in your application being rejected and any premiums paid refunded.
Annuity CE can be completed here: www.webce.com. Please be sure to email a copy of your annuity CE and product training certificates to licensing or upload via our portal.
For full training information by carrier, please visit our annuity training page (click here).
- Anti-Money Laundering Training (AML) will need to be completed every 12 or 24 months depending the on the carrier.
- Please note that certain carriers require particular AML courses and some only accept training completed through one of their approved vendors. Please contact Nicole or Becki for assistance.
- If AML has been completed through a vendor other than LIMRA, please provide a copy of your certificate of completion with your packet.
- To see if you have recently completed training through LIMRA, please go to http://knowledge.limra.com. Your username is your National Producer Number (go to nipr.com to look up your number). If you do not recall your password, use the forgot password option on the log-in page.
- If you have never completed AML training, please let us know upon submission of your completed SureLC kit and we will have the carrier enroll you in LIMRA for the necessary course upon submission of new business.
- Anti-Money Laundering Training (AML) will need to be completed every 12 or 24 months depending the on the carrier.
Please note that your void check must match your license status: if you are licensed as an individual, the void check must be in your name. If your business entity is life licensed, the void check must be in the business name. Please note that there are exceptions to this rule based on state and carrier. If you believe this may apply to you, please reach out to contracting and licensing for further assistance.
An officer or managing member of the agency must complete the online contracting and provide proof of E&O for the firm and themselves, life license copy for the firm and a voided check for direct deposit into the firms account. Please note that the carrier may require the officer/managing member to be individually licensed in the state business is being solicited in. Please contact contracting and licensing for further assistance.
Yes, more states are beginning to adopt the NAIC Suitability Model Regulation in their state. This means that the agent is required to complete Annuity Continuing Education training, Carrier Specific Training and Anti Money Laundering training prior to the application being dated. Some insurance carriers also require training to be completed regardless of the state where the application is solicited.
A full list of states that have currently adopted the NAIC Regulation and require additional product specific training required is below:
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
LTC training requirements vary from state to state – always check with your residential state DOI to see what the current training requirements are. If you are soliciting business outside of your residential state, please check for reciprocity between the states to ensure that you do not need to complete additional training. Training MUST be completed prior to the application being signed, otherwise you will not be compliant and the app will be rejected and any premiums paid will be returned. Carriers will require a copy of your original 8 hour LTC certificate, so please be sure to keep it on hand should we request it.
If I am already contracted with a carrier through a different BGA / IMO, do I need to complete the contract for a second time?
For the carriers that only allow a single appointment, a release may be required prior to business being submitted – please note that most carriers require your current upline to sign off on this release. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Non-resident licensing can be applied for electronically on the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) site. A list of fees can be found on NIPR site. Processing time varies from state to state and is dependent upon proper completion of the application and if additional documentation may be needed.
Learn more and apply online at: http://www.nipr.com/
Most carriers require that you have proof of E&O coverage in order to become contracted with them. The minimum requirements for most carriers is $1 million per claim and $1 million aggregate. E&O Declaration page MUST list your name as the insured covered/certificate holder. There are many E&O carrier options but here are a few we can recommend:
- NAILBA E&O: http://www.nailba.org/nailbamain/membership/member-discounts/eo-insurance
- NAIFA Endorsed E&O Program: http://www.naifaeo.com/
- NAPA E&O: http://www.napa-benefits.org/nd/errors-and-omissions
Effective 2/1/2020, NY Reg 187 will require industry training for anyone selling life insurance in NY. We recommend that you take the industry training through the RegEd website: https://www.reged.com/. Please complete course #484_NY (NY Reg 187: Suitability and Best Interest of Clients in Life Insurance and Annuity Transactions) or #485_NY (Best Interest of Clients in Life Insurance or Annuity Transactions: NY Reg 187-1 Hour Course). Once the training has been completed a certificate will generate – please upload this certificate to us using our secure portal:
Additionally, under the provisions of Regulation 187, many carriers will require product specific training, even if you are already contracted with them and have sold those products in NY in the past.
Please note that Reg 187 industry training and product specific training are pre-solicitation requirements. Failure to complete the training prior to app solicitation will result in your application being rejected and any premiums paid refunded.
Below are links and additional information for carrier product specific training. This list will be updated as new information is available. If there is a carrier you are planning to write an app with but do not see them on this list, please reach out to contracting and licensing for further assistance.
Banner/William Penn: no product training required, only Reg 187 industry training
John Hancock: https://secure.reged.com/TrainingPlatform/
- Complete Product Code: JHNY2019
- Fixed Life – Complete Product Code: LincolnFixedLife
- Variable Life – Complete Product Code: LincolnVariableLife
- MoneyGu: ard – Complete Product Code: LincolnMoneyGuard
Minnesota Life: https://learn.questce.com/naicsuitability
- Securian – NY Reg 187 Life Product Training – Complete Product Code: PLIFE1262019
- Nationwide-YourLife Guaranteed Level – Complete Product Code: YourLife GL Term
- Nationwide-YourLife Simplified WL 120 – Complete Product Code: YourLife Simplified WL
- Nationwide-YourLife Whole Life 100 – 20 Pay Whole Life – Complete Product Code: YourLife Whole Life 100-20-Pay
- Nationwide YourLife CareMatters -NY – Complete Product Code: YourLife CareMatters NY
- Nationwide YourLife Indexed UL Protector-New York – Complete Product Code: YourLife Indexed UL Prot
- Nationwide YourLife Indexed UL Accumulator-New York – Complete Product Code: YourLife Indexed UL Accum
- Nationwide No-Lapse Guarantee UL II – Complete Product Code: No Lapse Guar UL II
New York Life: https://knowledge.limra.com/LimraLogin.aspx
- NYL must enroll you in the necessary product training (course ID 1245), so please reach out to us to initiate this process.
Principal: no product training required, only Reg 187 training
- Protective Series Whole Life – Complete Product Code: PSWLNY
- Protective Classic Choice Term NY – Complete Product Code: PCCTNY
- ProClassic II UL – Complete Product Code: PC2ULNY
- Protective Non-Participating Whole Life Insurance – Complete Product Code: NPWLNY
- Term Insurance – Complete Product Code: 19TERM0100
- Permanent Insurance – Complete Product Code: 19PERM0100
Security Mutual: https://naic.pinpointglobal.com/SMLNY/Apps/Default.aspx
- Complete Product Code: FSNYTerm
- Final Expense Portfoloi – Product Code: TLFINALEXP
- Financial Foundation IUL – Product Code: TLFFIUL