Dixon Wells is a national life insurance brokerage firm. We are currently looking for a talented External Insurance Wholesaler to join our team.
We work with insurance agents, brokers and financial advisors across the country to help them secure life insurance products for their clients who want to protect their families or their businesses.
If you have the ability and desire to succeed and be rewarded for your accomplishments, you may be the right person to join our team. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with us.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Promote Life, Long Term Care & Disability insurance sales through your efforts in working with advisers of wire house firms, regional advisers/dealers, independent advisers/dealers, banks, financial institutions as well as independent advisers.
- Provide case support to these advisers in a variety of ways including but not limited to: point of sale assistance with the client, conference calls with the client and advisers, meetings with the legal and/or tax advisers, conference calls with the other advisers, backup support to the advisers.
- Provide necessary marketing support to the advisers and firms including but not limited to: illustration support, case design, sharing of sales ideas, holding branch meetings or other type meetings with the intent of sharing a sales idea(s), providing case status, providing continuing education type meetings when needed.
- Meetings with advisers be it one-on-one or in a group setting to promote life insurance related sales ideas.
- Making phone calls to existing advisers as well as new advisers with the intent of developing new business.
- Build network of advisers in your geographic territory to recruit new revenue producing relationships.
- Attending firm related or firm sponsored meetings with the intent of developing new relationships and subsequently new business.
- Keeping the advisers apprised of case status while their cases are being underwritten. This would include such things as: underwriting updates, status on the work the legal advisers are providing and other items related to the cases at hand.
- Providing regular reports to Dixon Wells and/or to the firms on your activities and “your pipeline” of business. These reports should include such things as: the advisers involved, the client name if necessary, the size of the case in premium, the type of case, and the branch and firm where the adviser is located.
- Meetings with branch managers and other people in similar type positions to drive and develop new business and relationship.
- Working with Dixon Wells’ main office on all pending business to ensure the communication flow is robust to/from the EIWL and the case manager and internal. By doing so, the cases are underwritten as expeditiously as possible because all parties are on the same page as to the status of the case(s).
- Working with Dixon Wells’ internal wholesalers to help in the design work of potential business and to leverage the time of the EIWL.
- Traveling to Dixon Wells sponsored meetings to participate and share and learn ideas with other Dixon Wells employees as well as discussing Company related matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Finance or related field
- A minimum five (5) years of experience in the life insurance industry (preferably in a multi-carrier environment)
- Understanding of advanced insurance sales concepts, corresponding illustrations, and the underwriting processes
- Intermediate level skill in use of Microsoft Office and CRM applications
- Experience with database reporting and production analytics
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to work with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships;
- Ability to work solving problems
- Strong fact finder and relationship builder
- Organized, professional, productive and entrepreneurial individuals
- Life insurance license required and securities license a plus
Dixon Wells Offers: Friendly business casual environment • Competitive salary • Complete Dixon Wells Benefit Package: Paid Time Off, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Group Life, ADD, Long-Term Disability, FSA and 401K Plan
Join the Dixon Wells family! When you choose a career with Dixon Wells, it means you are joining a company that makes a difference in the lives of others every day!
The Company reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the Employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will”.